Are you interested in:
- Contributing content to this website
- Providing input on teen programs
- Sharing favourite books and recommending new ones
- Giving feedback on the design and layout of teen spaces
…and much more?
Are you in grade 7-12 and love the Library?
Then you should apply to be a member of a Winnipeg Public Library Youth Advisory Council!
What is it?
- A Youth Advisory Council is a group of Winnipeg teens who want to help keep Winnipeg’s libraries lively and interesting.
- You’ll get impressive work experience for your resume, volunteer hours and you’ll have tons of fun doing so!
- Meet people from across the city, chat about books, plan fun programs, and have your voice heard at the library.
When & Where is it?
We have Youth Advisory Councils at 10 locations. All Councils meet every six weeks for 90 minutes.
- Charleswood Library: Saturday at 1:30 pm
- Fort Garry Library: Saturday at 11:00 am
- Henderson Library: Thursday at 6:30 pm
- Louis Riel Library: Thursday at 6:30 pm
- Millennium Library: Saturday at 1:30 pm
- Pembina Trail Library: Tuesday at 5:30 pm
- River Heights Library: Saturday at 1:30 pm
- St. James-Assiniboia Library: Tuesday at 4:30 pm
- Sir William Stephenson Library: Wednesday at 4:30 pm
- Transcona Library: Monday at 6:00 pm
Who can Apply?
- Youth must be in grades 7-12.
How do I Apply?
- Download a Youth Advisory Council Application Package.
- Upon receipt of your completed Youth Advisory Council Application Package, the Library will contact you for a screening interview. This process may take up to 4-6 weeks.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.